Tuesday 26 June 2012

Collection 2000 Waterproof Fast Stroke Eyeliner!

I have been using the 2true Waterproof Eyeliner for a while now and really enjoying it, but when looking over the Collection 2000 products I saw this and remembered that I used to use the Fast Stroke eyeliner all the time a year or so ago, so I picked one of the Waterproof Fast Stroke Eyeliners from the range.
I'm not sure whether it's because it was the waterproof formula instead of the normal one I used to use, or if it has been altered, but I wasn't as smitten with it as I once was.

I like my eyeliner to be completely opaque if I'm wearing a liquid liner look and this didn't deliver that on the first or even the second go. It took quite a lot of going back over, but I'm not sure if that's because I have eyeliner issues and am a bit fussy.
As far as the application, I still like this product. It says it gives you precision and definition, and I do think it's  got a great nib for precise application, and for doing things like flicked liner. You can get a really thick line or a really thin precise one depending on how you angle and use the nib.

I really like the handle for the eyeliner as well. As it is really long, you feel a lot of control over the application. Sometimes when applying it a bit thicker with the edge of the nib, I found that the thinner part of the nib would almost draw a line through what you had just applied where it was removing a bit of the product. I found it lasted well on my eyes, and yet was easily removed, so you aren't left scrubbing at your eyes like I sometimes find with waterproof products.
Overall, I like the effect this eyeliner gives, and I will continue to use it. However, it's not one of my favourites. It takes a lot of building up to create a solid line and definition, but it is good for precision and the waterproof formula does last throughout the day.
Have you tried the Collection 2000 Liquid Liners? If so, I'd love to know what you though!

xxx

Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner - £2.99 - http://www.superdrug.com/eyes/collection-2000-fast-stroke-liquid-eyeliner-1/invt/228796/&bklist=

12 comments:

  1. Liquid liners look so pretty but it takes patience and practice to apply it perfectly- something I have yet to learn to do! I'm going to look into this brand- hopefully it's available here in the states! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I often end up with far too much on my eyes from trying to get both eyes to match up! x

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, this is so stinkin' nifty -- i love it!! especially the little brush/wand/whatever. it looks very precise!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The applicator is great, I prefer these kind of felt tip applicators to liquid liners with brushes as they make it much easier to work with! x

      Delete
  3. I use the none waterproof version of this and mine is really opaque, maybe it's a totally different formula to make it waterproof? Like you said! I''ve never tried the waterproof one as I'm too lazy to scrub stuff off. I really like the application, I think it makes it really easy. And I think we all like something which makes applying liquid eyeliner a little easier! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was quite disappointing cos I really loved the non-waterproof one and I wore it constantly! I'll have to buy another one soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem with it going on too translucent, but when i layered it up more it started to peel off! it was about a year ago i tried it though so they may have changed the formula!

    love your blog :)


    kaatymacdonald.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe it's just the waterproof one that has these problems! It's a shame! Thanks for the comment :) x

      Delete
  6. I've never tried the waterproof version but I have the regular one! I love it, and I think for the price it's pretty good :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to re-purchase the normal one again and give it a go! I love how cheap the Collection 2000 stuff is (or Collection, not sure if they've rebranded yet!) and most of it is still a really nice quality :) x

      Delete
  7. I just got this waterproof one and not impressed at all. I agree about the applicator but even on the first use it went on quite 'dry' and it ran out within half a sweep of my eyelid. Then when i did finally manage to build it up it felt very sticky and glue like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If you're looking for a cheap waterproof liner the 2true one is great, easy to apply and lasts really well. I'm on about my third one now and love it.

      Delete