Sunday 28 April 2013

Models Own Fruit Pastel Collection!

This Spring I have been obsessed with all things pastel. I immediately lust after anything candy coloured I see. It's a slight problem. So when I saw the Models Own Fruit Pastel scented nail polishes in Boots on offer (buy one, get one half price) I couldn't resist!


I was drawn to the shades Apple Pie and Strawberry Tart as I was just running out of my old pale pink and mint green nail polishes, and they're always go-to nail colours for me. I stupidly didn't even notice they were scented until I bought them, so whether that would've changed my decision I simply do not know!

The Scratch 'n' Sniff lids (in the scent of the shade name) were a cute little addition, and it's always nice to add a bit of fun to your make-up.


Strawberry Tart is a gorgeous, baby pink shade. Sometimes baby pinks can be quite neutral and plain, but I really liked this shade as whilst still being a pale pastel pink, the colour really pops nicely when on the nail and stands out.

Apple Tart is the perfect pastel pale green in my opinion. I love minty green nail polishes and have enjoyed a few different brands' interpretations of the shade. I think this has been my favourite as often they can too bright of a green, or a bit too dusky. Apple Tart is the exact colour I think of when I think of a mint green.


The formula does tend to 2-3 coats to get past the streaky looking stage, which doesn't bother me too much as I normally like to build my nail polish up with a few layers. However, when more than one coat has been applied it can take a while to dry (and I'm sooo impatient when waiting for my nails to dry anyway) so be wary.

The formula doesn't have it's scent when in the bottle, so I don't recommend taking the lid off and have a big sniff like I did when I first opened them! The scents are like synthetic sugary versions of what the name suggests, but they do still smell nice. Although I think they could have made the scents a bit stronger. To be honest, it doesn't bother me too much. It's a nice gimmick and an interesting twist, but I don't spend all day sniffing my nails so I'm not really bothered if they don't smell like freshly baked apple pie!

I found that when the nail polish was dried on the nails it became quite brittle and easy to shatter/chip. Whether this was because I put a few coats on, I'm not sure. However, when I used a top coat (I use Collection's 2 in 1 Top Coat and Gloss Enhancer) they lasted much better.

Whilst I'm not sure the formula is worth £5 each normally (especially with the Barry M Nail Paints being cheaper and having a better formula in my opinion), the colour is a real selling point of these and that is what would make me really consider buying more in the future.

Thanks for reading! Let me know your opinion on the Models Own colours and if there's any I should try!

xxx

All Models Own Nail Polishes are Buy One, Get One Half Price at Boots!

1 comment:

  1. the colours are very nice *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete