Thursday 9 May 2013

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush!

When it comes to foundation, most of the time I want quite a full coverage. I have redness in my cheeks and am very prone to blemishes which can give an uneven skin tone that I hate and am very aware of.
There are some very good drugstore foundations that I really like, but as I have very dry skin I find it doesn't take long for them to go cakey, patchy and flakey. Not a good look!

I've always applied foundation with my fingers, as I've tried the generic flat foundation brushes before and found they just did nothing for me, except leave me with stroke marks on my face (that I had to then blend out with my fingers anyway!) and a brush to clean.


After watching many YouTube videos featuring the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman (of Pixiwoo, as I'm sure most of you know!) and reading countless blog posts about them, I became interested in the Buffing Brush and the Expert Face Brush and thought this may be a good solution to wanting to use my cheaper foundations but still getting a good coverage and finish.

They appealed to me as they weren't the average flat foundation brushes, and of course their reputation preceded them. Both have been raved about endlessly for their foundation application, and ultimately my choice, as I'm sure you can tell by the title of this post, was the Expert Face Brush. This decision was made pretty much purely because the Buffing Brush is only available as part the Real Techniques Core Collection, which retails at £21.99 from Boots. While this is a great deal for 4 brushes (Detailer Brush - which I looks brilliant for concealer, Pointed Foundation Brush, Buffing Brush, and Contour Brush), I justified buying just the one I really need at the moment. However, I would love to buy the Core Collection at a later date, and as it doesn't include the Expert Face Brush, I won't be left doubling up on brushes for the sake of a couple more.

I have really noticed a difference to my base since using this brush, and other people have even commented on it, which has made me feel a bit happier about my skin!


I like to dot my foundation (currently Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation, which despite being Ivory is my Summer foundation for when I'm a bit tanned) on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin and then buff it out in circular motions, before finally smoothly going over the whole face to make sure it's well blended. The brush also makes it really easy to pop your foundation down your neck quickly and over the ears if necessary to make the whole look more seamless.


I've found I have so much more coverage now, particularly on my cheeks which would in the past make it hard to apply blusher if there was redness coming through. It gives a beautiful flawless finish to my foundation  and makes it last a lot longer when I'm at work etc. It also makes me feel like I'm getting more from my cheaper foundations, and the brush isn't left caked in foundation, which leads me to believe the majority of the product is getting actually on my face instead of stuck on the brush.


I've used the Expert Face Brush everyday since I bought it, and am so glad I did as it's made me a bit more confident with my skin and makeup, which is well worth the £9.99 I paid for it!




Let me know if there's any other Real Techniques brushes I should try!

Thanks for reading! xxx


You can buy the Expert Face Brush here as well as the other Real Techniques brushes!


No comments:

Post a Comment