Monday 28 May 2012

NYC All Day Long Foundation Review!

I recently bought the NYC All Day Long Smooth Skin Foundation in an attempt to find a good bargain drugstore foundation.


I have pretty dry skin most of the time, but as things warm up for Summer my skin tends to get more moisture to it and become more of the 'normal' skin type.
When I began using this foundation the weather was a bit cooler and grey, therefore my skin was a bit dryer. Although I always moisturise before applying my foundation, I found the product was a bit cakey on my dry areas and dried in any lines or on blemishes.

Luckily, the weather got brighter and a lot warmer and, unlike a lot of pricier foundations you find in drugstores, I felt this is where it excelled. I found it blended really well on the skin and didn't feel heavy or too much for the skin in the hot weather. It gives a more matte finish than I normally go for, but it didn't make my skin look dull.

As a paler girl I found the colour great for my skin tone. A lot of paler foundations I've tried have been too pink for the tone of my skin.


It lived up to it's 'All Day Long' promise and stayed put on my skin all day, despite being in the sunshine and walking around a lot (and let's be honest, sweating a bit! - Sorry!). I liked that after a few days of using it I could put it on in the morning and not worry about it melting off and being left too shiny.
It has no SPF but I use my Superdrug Vitamin E SPF 15 Moisturising Day Cream everyday before applying.

While it might be too matte for me personally in other seasons, I'll be using this in the warmer weather for a non-moving, reliable base. I think it's a great buy for the price (£3.99 from Superdrug), but possibly not for you if you have particularly dry skin.

Let me know if you've tried it and what you thought or if there's any cheap drugstore foundations you'd recommend!

xxx

NYC All Day Long Smooth Skin Foundation - £3.99 from Superdrug http://www.superdrug.com/foundation/nyc-all-day-long-foundation-classic-beige/invt/380850/&bklist=

Superdrug Vitamin E Skin Care SPF 15 Moisturising Day Cream - £2.99 from Superdrug http://www.superdrug.com/superdrug/superdrug-vitamin-e-spf-15-moisture-cream-100ml/invt/398217/&bklist=

No comments:

Post a Comment